As an office-based business you face a wide range of risks that could financially harm your company, from damage to your physical property, to compensating for property damage or injury of third parties resulting from your business activities.
To help you protect your business and all you’ve worked for, we’ve partnered with one of Australia’s leading general insurance providers, Allianz, to bring you an Office Pack, that offers insurance covers for office-based businesses in a single, convenient package.
Of course, every business is different, so with the Allianz Office Pack you can pick and choose from 12 types of insurance cover to suit the specific needs of your business.
Office Pack in brief*
The Allianz Office Pack is a flexible insurance product designed for office-based businesses. As well as providing cover for liability and material damage, you can also customise your policy to protect your business against the impact of events like machinery or electronic equipment breakdown or business interruption. You can even add cover for management liability with the option to select cover for theft by employees.
Liability insurance is one of the most common covers taken out by businesses because the potential costs of a public liability claim could be significant. The Allianz Office Pack can provide up to $20 million cover against your legal liability for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising liability as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business.
As a business providing professional services, you may have a legal duty of care to your clients. Should a client suffer a financial loss as a result of your provision of professional services or your failure to provide professional services, they may be able to make a civil liability claim against your business which will not be covered by your liability insurance. With the Allianz Office Pack, you can get up to $10 million cover for damages and legal costs resulting from a professional indemnity claim against your business.
When you buy an Allianz Office Pack through 1300 Insurance, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you opt for annual or monthly instalments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.1
*Eligibility criteria apply. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant PDS.
Protecting your office-based business with insurance isn’t just prudent practice – in many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected before they’ll be willing to deal with you.
With the Allianz Office Pack, a broad range of business insurance covers – including professional indemnity, liability, management liability and business interruption, plus protection for your physical assets – are incorporated into in a single insurance package, so you can customise your policy to suit your specific needs.
Every business is different, so there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all when it comes to business insurance. Of course, there are some risks that are faced by many business owners – such as public liability.
The rest of your insurance needs will depend on a huge range of factors including your business model, your location, the number of employees you have and the type of services you provide.
The Allianz Office Pack allows you to tailor your policy to meet your needs. With 12 cover options in a single package – the Allianz Office Pack can save you the time and hassle of dealing with multiple insurance providers.
Here is a summary of the cover options available under the Office Pack. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement. Eligibility requirements apply.
- Professional indemnity - Protect you and any insured person with up to $10 million cover against liability for claims that arises from the provision of, or failure to provide, professional services.
- Public liability - Get up to $20 million cover for amounts that you are legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising liability caused as a result of your business activities.
- Business interruption - Get cover for consequential losses resulting from the interruption of, or interference with, your business following a defined event.
- Material damage - Protect your property against accidental damage at your business premises (which is not otherwise excluded). You can add optional cover for flood.
- General property - Covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing property that is accidentally damaged anywhere in the world.
- Theft - Insure your property against theft or attempted theft at your business premises.
- Money - Get cover for loss of money from your premises either during or outside business hours, in transit, in your locked safe or locked strongroom, or in your personal custody while in a private residence.
- Glass - Protect your business against the accidental breakage of glass, or the breakage of illuminated/advertising signs (limits apply).
- Machinery breakdown - Cover against breakdown of machinery at your business premises. Also includes cover for the cost of hiring temporary machinery provided these additional costs are first approved by the insurer in writing.
- Electronic equipment breakdown - Protect your business against breakdown of your electronic equipment at your business premises.
- Directors & officers liability - Protect your directors and officers against their personal liability for a breach of duty, breach of trust, act, error or omission.
- Employment practices liability - Provides cover for a claim against you for a specific employment practices breach, such as discrimination, wrongful dismissal or sexual harassment.
- Crime - Covers you for the loss of property that has been unlawfully taken by an employee, with the intent to cause loss to you or benefit any person other than you.
- Tax audit - Get cover for professional fees that you reasonably and necessarily incur in Australia in connection with an audit of the business carried out by an Australia statutory authority.
- Commercial motor - Get comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, or third-party property damage only cover for your business vehicles.
How to apply for cover
Applying for cover under the Allianz Office Pack couldn’t be easier. Simply call 1300 467 872 and speak to a friendly service consultant.
Need to claim?
If something does happen to your business, you need an insurance company who will act fast to help you get up and running again as quickly as possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with one of Australia’s leading general insurers for business insurance.
Click here for information on how to claim.
Business insurance transfers many of the risks you face as a business owner from you to the insurer. However, it is important to understand that business insurance does not cover every circumstance or expense that you incur and there are some exclusions to the cover. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR Number 327609 is authorised to refer you to the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No. 234708 (Allianz) and to provide written general advice on this insurance as the insurer’s agent. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the Product Disclosure Statement available here.
If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. We will also receive a percentage of the profit which exceeds the profit threshold on Home (excluding flood), Landlord (excluding flood), Motor and Caravan and Trailer policies arranged or referred by us (or renewed with Allianz) in each calendar year, provided that the relevant premium threshold is met for those policies and the Business insurance policies that we refer to Allianz. From 1 September 2018, we will also receive an annual marketing allowance from Allianz for promoting its products. This is calculated as a percentage of the premium on Home, Landlord, Motor, Caravan and Trailer and Business insurance policies arranged or referred by us to Allianz in the previous 12-month period. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
1 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. Public liability cover, for example, may be a basic requirement of your operating licence. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
Even if you aren’t required to take out business insurance, it’s prudent to do so. You’ve worked hard to build up your business and without protection you could lose everything you’ve achieved to a single event, like a storm or fire.
Business insurance can cover you for many types of risk, from theft and damage to lost income or liability claims.
Your business is unique, and so are the opportunities and risks you face. Your insurance needs may depend on a wide range of factors, including
- The nature of the work you do
- The type, value and location of your assets
- Whether you manufacture products or carry high volumes of stock
- Whether you provide advice which may be relied upon by your customers
- Whether you work in public spaces or on customers' premises
- The legal and management structure of your company
- Whether you have employees, and the size of your team
- The physical, financial or reputational risks which threaten your company
The most popular types of business insurance include:
- Public or product liability
- Asset or property insurance
Both these essential insurances are options within our Small Business Advantage insurance, available online.
Other common business insurances include professional indemnity and management liability insurance, which can also be incorporated into your Small Business Advantage policy.
There are also specialised insurances available to mitigate more specific threats, such as transit insurance, machinery breakdown and electronic equipment. If you’re looking for more specialised policy, simply contact our friendly team on 1300 467 872 for information.
You could have immediate cover for all your major risks, without waiting for quotes from brokers. Our Small Business Advantage insurance package gives you the option to take out comprehensive protection against loss or damage to your property, interruption to your business and public or product liability claims plus a wide range of other threats.
If you need more specialised business insurance cover, 1300 Insurance is still the smart choice. We work with every major provider of business insurance in Australia and have close relationships throughout the global insurance marketplace. Our advisors have extensive risk management expertise and detailed knowledge of all the diverse business insurance products available in the market.
We'll also guide you through the underwriting process and support you throughout the lifetime of your insurance policy with a dedicated account manager, claims support and ongoing information.
Our small business insurance package is brought to you in partnership with leading Australian insurance provider Allianz. It enables you to tailor your business cover to suit your needs, all in a single, affordable policy. It’s designed to suit more than 2,000 professions and offer protection against all the major risks faced by most businesses, including theft, damage or business interruption due to natural disasters, and public or product liability insurance.
We also offer packages designed for office-based professionals and for tradespeople and service providers.
The cost of your small business insurance policy is your monthly premium. The amount you pay may depend a number of factors, including
- The type of work your business does
- How many employees you have
- Where your business is located
- How much stock you carry, if any
- The nature and value of your business property
- The size of your business and your annual profits
- Which types of cover you choose to take out.
All these things can determine the type of risks you face and the likelihood you will need to make a claim, which is the information used to calculate your premium.
You can find out what your premium amount will be by clicking on the "Get a Quote" button below.
Our small business online insurance has a 14-day cooling off period. So if you have second thoughts after buying your cover you can cancel it within two weeks and get a full refund, provided that you have not made a claim.
As long as you pay your premiums when they are due, your small business online insurance policy will remain in place for the period shown on your policy document.
If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
You can cancel your policy at any time. The cancellation will be effective on the date we receive your request and an administration fee will apply.
If you decide to cancel your policy, we will refund the proportion of your premium relating to the unused period of insurance, less the administration fee and any non-refundable government charges. However, we will not refund any premium if you have made a claim.
When you buy your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance in partnership with Allianz, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you opt for annual or monthly instalments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
It’s really important that you keep up to date with your premium payments. If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy. This means you will not be covered for loss, damage or interruption to your business due to theft or natural disasters, or for public or product liability claims or any other type of cover you have taken out.
Generally, you can claim a tax deduction for the premiums your business pays on most types of business insurance. However, this is not always the case for all types of insurance, so it’s important that you contact your tax advisor for advice on the individual circumstances of your business.
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.