Comprehensive Car Insurance
How would you cope if you lost your car? Could you afford to replace it if it got stolen, or damaged in an accident? With comprehensive car insurance you'll be completely covered if anything happens to your car*, even if it's your fault - so you won't be left stranded without your wheels.
Comprehensive Car Insurance in brief
With our comprehensive car insurance you'll be covered for the damage to your car and any others if you have an accident which is your fault. We'll pay for all the repairs to the other vehicles, plus the cost of repairing or replacing yours up to the amount you've insured (either a fixed sum, or the market value of the car at the time you make a claim).
When you take out a new Comprehensive Car Insurance policy you'll get an exclusive 12 month membership to our incredible rewards program, worth over $1,000. 1300 Insurance Rewards membership gives you huge discounts of up to 40% on hundreds of products and services, including gift cards for stores like Myers and Coles and tickets for movies, events and attractions.
There's no waiting around with 1300 Insurance. With instant quotes, no tedious forms, and the choice of annual, monthly or fortnightly premiums, it couldn't be simpler to get the insurance cover you need. If you need same day cover, your insurance will start the moment we accept your application and issue your policy documents.
Our comprehensive car insurance is the affordable way to protect yourself in case something happens to your car. Our premiums are highly competitive, and you can save even more money by increasing the excess.
If you want even better car insurance cover we offer a range of great extras you can add to your policy.
- Hire car after an accident
- Roadside assistance
- No claims bonus protection
- Reduction of excess for replacement windscreens
All our car insurance policies come with a 21 day cooling off period. So if you change your mind within 3 weeks you can simply cancel your policy and get a full refund (as long as you haven't made a claim).
Comprehensive car insurance is the easy way to give yourself peace of mind. Whatever happens to your car – theft, damage or an accident* - you'll be able to replace it or get it repaired without losing your savings. With competitive premiums and great built-in features like emergency transport and accommodation cover*, this policy is as convenient as it is affordable.
All our car insurance policies have a great range of built-in features. These include our 21 day cooling off period, which means you'll get a full refund of your premiums if you change your mind within 3 weeks; and a choice of affordable annual, monthly or fortnightly premiums.
As well as insurance for any damage you cause to other vehicles, comprehensive insurance protects you for the loss or destruction of your own car. We'll cover the cost of any repairs, and if you buy your car brand new and it has to be written off within a year, we'll replace it with the same make and model.
Our insurance is quick and accessible, with no forms to fill in, just an instant online quote, so you could have complete insurance cover for your car within minutes.
We make claiming on your policy very simple too. You'll have easy access to our one-stop claims assessment centres and our expert claims team will manage the entire process of organising repairs to your vehicle. We also give a lifetime guarantee on the quality of authorised repairs for as long as you own the vehicle.
As well as the standard benefits, our comprehensive insurance has some excellent special features. For example, if your car is damaged in an accident we can pay up to $300 to transport you home or put you up in temporary accommodation*.
How to buy
Buying our car insurance is quick and simple. Either call us on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872) or get an instant online quote. Your insurance will start from the moment we accept your application.
*Conditions; limits and exclusions apply see Product Disclosure Statement for details
Important Policy Information
Insurance policies do not cover every eventuality. Before you purchase any insurance it's important to ensure you understand what is and isn't covered. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement and be aware of what is excluded from cover and the conditions you will need to observe.
Some exclusions apply to this policy. Check the Policy Disclosure Statement for details before you buy your policy.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.