What is the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Property Damage car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance offers the broadest level of cover. It covers damage caused by your car to other people's property, as well the cost of replacing or repairing your car, up to the value you have insured it for.
Third Party Property Damage is the narrowest level of cover we offer. It is a low cost option which covers only your liability for damage caused by your car to other people's property. It also gives you a limited amount of cover for the car if it gets damaged in a no-fault accident with an uninsured vehicle.
With Third Party Fire and Theft cover you will get third party property cover, plus insurance for your own car if it is stolen or catches fire.
Terms and conditions apply to each type of cover. For more details please see our Product Disclosure Statements for details.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.