What is the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Property Damage car insurance?

Comprehensive car insurance offers the broadest level of cover. It covers damage caused by your car to other people's property, as well the cost of replacing or repairing your car, up to the value you have insured it for.

Third Party Property Damage is the narrowest level of cover we offer. It is a low cost option which covers only your liability for damage caused by your car to other people's property. It also gives you a limited amount of cover for the car if it gets damaged in a no-fault accident with an uninsured vehicle.

With Third Party Fire and Theft cover you will get third party property cover, plus insurance for your own car if it is stolen or catches fire.

Terms and conditions apply to each type of cover. For more details please see our Product Disclosure Statements for details.

Have a question that you'd like us to answer?

1300 Insurance's car and home and contents insurance is offered by 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 124 845 727; AR No 327609) as an Authorised Representative of Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (ABN 61 003 617 909; AFSL 241411). Auto & General Services arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer, Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (ABN 42 111 586 353; AFSL 285571). Because we don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and read the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide before making a decision to buy insurance. Not available in NT.