Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
Payment of an excess helps to reduce the number of small claims, so it's one of the ways in which our car insurance policies are kept affordable. You can lower the cost of your Comprehensive or Gold Comprehensive car insurance by choosing a higher excess amount.
We calculate the excess for each claim by adding your basic policy excess and any other excess amounts applicable. Check the Policy Disclosure Statement and your policy document for details of the excesses that apply to your policy.
You won't have to pay any excess if you have been involved in a No Fault Accident with another vehicle, you can identify the third party and the amount of your claim is more than the basic excess.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.