What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?

'Personal effects' are your personal belongings that are in your car at the time of an accident.
With our Comprehensive car insurance policies you will have cover for damage to your personal effects resulting from an accident. Gold Comprehensive policies include extra cover for theft or damage of items such as child restraints.  

Limits do apply, so please see our car insurance Product Disclosure Statement for details.

Have a question that you'd like us to answer?

1300 Insurance's car and home and contents insurance is offered by 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 124 845 727; AR No 327609) as an Authorised Representative of Auto & General Services Pty Ltd (ABN 61 003 617 909; AFSL 241411). Auto & General Services arranges the insurance on behalf of the insurer, Auto & General Insurance Company Limited (ABN 42 111 586 353; AFSL 285571). Because we don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and read the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide before making a decision to buy insurance. Not available in NT.