Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance
Save 10% when you buy online
For those who really care about their car, Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance offers our highest level of cover. Packed with great benefits and exceptional extras like 2 years' new car replacement, this flexible policy gives you gold-class protection for your precious wheels.
Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance in brief
With either of our comprehensive car insurance policies you'll be fully covered for the damage to your car and any others if you have an accident where you are at fault. You can tailor your cover to suit your needs by choosing whether to insure a fixed amount or the market value of your car at the time you take out your policy.
When you take out a new Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance policy you'll get an exclusive 12 month membership to our incredible rewards program, worth over $1,000. 1300 Insurance Rewards membership gives you huge discounts of up to 40% on hundreds of products and services, including gift cards for stores like Myers and Coles and tickets for movies, events and attractions.
Add a new home & contents policy to your car insurance and save up to 25% on the cost of your home and contents premiums.
If you buy your car brand new and it has to be written off within either 24 months or 40,000kms (whichever comes first), we'll completely replace it! We'll give you a new one of the same make, model and specification, as long as it's available locally. What's more, we'll even pay the first 12 months rego and CTP.
Gold Comprehensive gives you outstanding protection for your car - and everything in it. You'll receive all the benefits of our Full Comprehensive policy, plus a $5000 death benefit and $2500 of other incredible extras like replacement of lost keys or remotes. See the PDS for terms and conditions
Our comprehensive car insurance is the quick, affordable way to protect yourself against the costs and inconvenience of damage to your car. With competitive premiums, instant quotes and the choice of annual or monthly premiums, it couldn't be simpler to get the insurance cover you need. You'll even save 10% on your Gold Comprehensive car insurance premiums if you buy online.
All our car insurance policies come with a 21 day cooling off period. So if you change your mind within 3 weeks you can simply cancel your policy and get a full refund (as long as you haven't made a claim).
For most of us, our car is our lifeline. It's also one of our most costly possessions, and not one we could easily afford to replace. Great cover at an affordable price, Gold Comprehensive is the smart choice if you rely on your car and need heavy-duty insurance that takes care of things. And you'll even save 10% on your Gold Comprehensive car insurance premiums if you buy online.
As our highest level of car insurance cover, Gold Comprehensive offers all the benefits of Standard Comprehensive, with a suite of exceptional extras to give you total peace of mind.
If you have an accident where you are deemed to be at fault you'll be covered for the cost of repairs to your own car and any others damaged in the accident. If your car is brand new, our new car replacement benefit means you'll get another one just like it if yours is written off within 2 years, or 40,000kms—whichever comes earlier.
Gold Comprehensive gives you extra protection such as:
- $1,000 cover for replacement keys/remote
- $500 personal effects cover in the event of a collision, forced entry or theft
- $500 cover for damage to or theft of child restraints in your car
- $500 towards debris removal in the event of a collision
It also includes a built-in death benefit of $5000. This is a lump sum payment made to your loved ones if you were killed in a car accident, protecting them against the financial strain of a funeral.
You can tailor your car insurance to suit your needs and budget. Boost your cover with additional benefits like a free hire car, no-claims discount protection and roadside assistance, or reduce the cost by increasing your excess. You can also choose whether to insure your car at an agreed value or the market value at the time you make a claim.
You'll even save 10% on your Gold Comprehensive car insurance premiums if you buy online.
Save big with 1300 Insurance Rewards
When you purchase a new Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance policy, we'll give you 12 months membership of our 1300 Insurance Rewards program, completely free.
With amazing discounts of up to 40% on hundreds of products and services, you could save over $1,000 on everyday costs such as groceries, travel and attractions with 1300 Insurance Rewards. There's no limit to how often you can use your 1300 Insurance Rewards card during your 12 month membership, so if you regularly take advantage of the discounts and offers you could save even more than you've paid for your Car Insurance.
How to buy
Buying our car insurance is quick and simple. Either call us on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872) or get an instant online quote. Your insurance can start from the momentwe accept your application.
* About the 10% online discount
Our online discounts only apply to the premium paid for a new Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance policy initiated on or after 1st July 2014 and purchased online. We reserve the right to shorten or extend the period the discount is offered and vary the amount of the discount. It does not apply to any renewal offer of insurance.
The discount offer applies only to the premium for an insurance product. It does not apply to the fees that we may charge you (these are described in our Financial Services Guide). You will be responsible for all applicable GST and other statutory charges.
Important Policy Information
Insurance policies do not cover every eventuality. Before you purchase any insurance it's important to ensure you understand what is and isn't covered. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement and be aware of what is excluded from cover and the conditions you will need to observe.
Some exclusions apply to this policy. Check the Product Disclosure Statement for full details before you buy your policy.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.