Third Party Car Insurance
Third Party Property Only insurance is our most affordable and basic level of car insurance. It covers for damage caused by your car to other people's property. Third party insurance is vital because it saves you from having to pay for the damage out of your own pocket. And since damage to vehicles, buildings, equipment and possessions could end up costing thousands of dollars, it's a risk no one can afford to take.
Third Party Car Insurance in brief
1300 Insurance is the fast, simple way to get car insurance. With instant quotes, no tedious forms and the choice of annual or monthly premiums, it couldn't be simpler to get great car insurance in place. Your cover will start the moment we accept your application.
If you have an accident which is your fault you'll have to pay for any damage you do to other people's property. With our third party property cover we'll pay up to $20 million for damages caused by you or any other authorised driver of your car.
If you have a car accident caused by someone else, you should able to claim the damages on the other driver's insurance. But they don't have insurance you'll have to pay for all the repairs yourself. That's why our third party property insurance gives you up to $3,000 cover on your car if you are involved in a no-fault accident with an identified uninsured driver.
All our car insurance policies come with a 21-day cooling off period. So if you change your mind within 3 weeks you can simply cancel your policy and get a full refund (as long as you haven't made a claim).
If you have an accident which is your fault, you'll be responsible for all the damage you do. While your CTP covers you for any injuries to pedestrians or other drivers, it does not cover you for the cost of damage to their property. Depending on the nature of the accident, these costs could run to thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Third party property insurance is a low-cost option that protects you against these liabilities if you have an accident.
All of our car insurance policies have a great range of built-in features. These include our 21 day cooling off period, which means you'll get a full refund of your premiums if you change your mind within 3 weeks (as long as no claim is made), and a choice of affordable annual or monthly premiums.
With our Third Party Property Only policy you'll receive a massive $20 million worth of protection for any damage you do to other people's property if you have an accident, as well as up to $3,000 towards repairs on your own car if you have a no-fault collision with an identified uninsured driver.
Our insurance is quick and accessible, with no forms to fill in, just an instant online quote, so you can get affordable insurance cover for your car within minutes. And with options like age restricted driver options you can save even more on your premiums.
We make claiming on your policy very simple too. Simply call us on 1300 467 872 and one of our friendly, professional claims advisors will guide you through the process.
How to buy
Buying our car insurance is quick and simple. Either call us on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872) or get an instant online quote. Your insurance will start from the moment we accept your application.
Important Policy Information
Insurance policies do not cover every eventuality. Before you purchase any insurance it's important to ensure you understand what is and isn't covered. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement and be aware of what is excluded from cover and the conditions you will need to observe.
Some exclusions apply to this policy. Check the Product Disclosure Statement for full details before you buy your policy.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.