Third Party Fire & Theft
No matter how experienced or careful you are as a driver, there are some things outside of your control. If someone stole or set fire to your car, could you afford a replacement? Third Party, Fire and Theft car insurance gives you all the protection of Third Party Property Only insurance, plus extra cover in case your car is stolen, or catches fire.
Third Party Fire & Theft in brief
If you have an accident which is your fault you'll have to pay for any damage you do to other people's property. With our third party cover we'll pay up to $20 million for damages caused by you or any other authorised driver of your car.
We understand how inconvenient it is to be without a car, especially if you need it for work or to transport your family. With our Third Party, Fire and Theft cover, if your car is stolen you can also claim up to $1,000 for the cost of hiring a replacement while you wait for your insurance claim to be paid. See the PDS for terms and conditions.
1300 Insurance is the quick, easy way to get your car insurance cover. With instant quotes, no tedious forms and the choice of annual or monthly premiums, it couldn't be simpler to get great car insurance in place. If you need same day cover, your insurance will start the moment we accept your application.
If your car is damaged by someone else, you should be able to claim the damages on their insurance. But if the other driver is uninsured you could be left with a massive repair bill and nowhere to turn. That's why our third party insurance gives you up to $3,000 cover if your car is involved in a no-fault accident with an uninsured driver, as long as they can be identified*.
All our car insurance policies come with a 21-day cooling off period. So if you change your mind within 3 weeks you can simply cancel your policy and get a full refund (as long as you haven't made a claim).
*Conditions apply. See the Product Disclosure Statement for details.
While your CTP covers you for any injuries to pedestrians or other drivers if you have an accident, it does not cover you for property damage. That means that if you have an accident which is your fault, you'll have to pay for repairs or replacement of the other vehicles and anything else you have damaged, like buildings, equipment and personal possessions. Depending on the nature of the accident, the costs could run to thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Third party insurance protects you against these liabilities if you have an accident. With the additional fire and theft cover you also get protection for your own vehicle if it catches fire or is targeted by thieves.
This type of insurance is only available for cars with a market value of under $20,000. For cars with a market value exceeding $20,000 you may wish to refer to our comprehensive car insurance information to ensure you have adequate cover and peace of mind.
All of our car insurance policies have a great range of built-in features. These include our 21-day cooling off period, which means you'll get a full refund of your premiums if you change your mind within 3 weeks, and a choice of affordable annual or monthly premiums.
With our Third Party, Fire and Theft policy you'll be covered for any damage you do if you have an accident, as well as for the cost of repairs or replacement if your car is stolen or catches fire.
We'll even reimburse the cost of a hire car for up to $1,000 or 14 days (whichever occurs first) if your car gets stolen, so you won't be stranded while you wait for your claim to be paid.
Our insurance is quick and accessible, with no forms to fill in, just an instant online quote, so you can get affordable insurance cover for your car within minutes. And with options like a restricted driver discounts you can save even more on your premiums.
We make claiming on your policy very simple too. Simply call us on 1300 467 872 and one of our friendly, professional claims advisors will guide you through the process.
How to buy
Buying our car insurance is quick and simple. Either call us on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872) or get an instant online quote. Your insurance will start from the momentwe accept your application.
Important Policy Information
Insurance policies do not cover every eventuality. Before you purchase any insurance it's important to ensure you understand what is and isn't covered. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement and be aware of what is excluded from cover and the conditions you will need to observe.
Some exclusions apply to this policy. Check the Policy Disclosure Statement for full details before you buy your policy. This policy is only available for cars with a market value of less than $20,000 and does not cover damage caused by attempted theft.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.