What happens if I die within the first year after taking out my funeral insurance?
For the first 12 months after you take out your funeral insurance policy (or after a reinstatement of the policy or an increase in the cover (but only in respect of the increase)), you are only covered for accidental death. Accidental death means if you die, within three months, from bodily injury caused by accidental, external means.
If you die for any other reason during the first 12 months, other than suicide, the insurer will completely refund all the premiums you have paid.
After 12 months you are covered for death by any cause.
- What is funeral insurance?
- How much does funeral Insurance cost?
- What happens if I die within the first year after taking out my funeral insurance?
- What if I change my mind about my funeral insurance?
- Can my funeral insurance policy be cancelled?
- Will I need to pay premiums as soon as you issue my funeral insurance policy?
- What happens if I don't pay my funeral insurance premiums on time?
- What happens when my funeral insurance premiums reach the amount I've insured?
- Are my funeral insurance premiums tax deductible?
- How can I pay my funeral insurance premiums?
- Will I have to have a medical test or interview to take out funeral insurance?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.