How do I choose the right pet insurance?
Your circumstances are unique, and no two dogs or cats are the same. To find the right policy for your pet you need to weigh up the different features and options of each policy and carefully check the Product Disclosure Statement so you know exactly what you are buying.
Our basic level of pet insurance, the Accidental Injury cover, covers up to 75% of your pet's vet bills up to your chosen Benefit Limit if it has an accidental injury. Emergency treatment for pet injuries can run to thousands of dollars, right out of the blue, so for many people this level of cover is enough because it protects them against the unexpected, such as a car accident or a fall.
There is no excess on any of our pet insurance policies.
Our best level of insurance for pets is our comprehensive policy. This plan offers all the benefits of accident-only pet insurance but also covers your dog or cat if they suffer from an illness such as cancer.
In addition to covering most of your vet bills resulting from accidental injury or illness, our comprehensive pet insurance has an extra Routine Care option you can add to your policy. This provides an extra $165 per year annual benefit to spend on regular preventative treatments, such as vaccinations and worming.
You can see all the differences between our plans at a glance in our handy pet insurance comparison table.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.