Is there Medicare for pets?
There are approximately 6 million dogs and cats in Australia, but unfortunately there is no such thing as Medicare for pets. So if your pet falls ill or is injured, you will need to pay for all the costs of treating your pet yourself.
That's why pet insurance is so important - our pet insurance policies cover up to 75% of your vet bills, with an Annual Benefit Limit of up to $10,000 or $15,000 depending on the type of plan you choose.
Our Accidental Injury Cover gives you country-wide protection and even covers you while you are travelling with your pet. If your pet has an accident, you can use the services of any vet in Australia - and in approved countries overseas. So wherever you are, you'll be able to get help quickly from the nearest vet.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.