What happens if I'm injured and have to be evacuated back to Australia?
If the worst happens while you are travelling and you need to cut short your trip, we’re here to help. If you need emergency assistance - anywhere in the world, at any time – call our 24-hour global assistance line. Our expert team will help you locate medical facilities, embassies or consulates; get in touch with your family; or organise an evacuation home (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy).
To contact Allianz Global Assistance call on 1800 010 075 (within Australia) or +61 7 3305 7499 (reverse charge from overseas).
Make sure you keep your policy documents with you so you will have the number to hand if you need it. You may need to provide details of your policy when you call.
Once you are safely repatriated to Australia your travel insurance cover will end and you’ll need to claim on Medicare or your health insurance policy for any further medical treatment you may need.
- Why do I need travel insurance?
- If I return home earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my travel insurance?
- Does your travel insurance cover my luggage?
- Can I get travel insurance if I have a pre-existing condition?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- What do I do if I have an emergency while I'm travelling?
- I've downloaded a travel insurance claim form - do I have to complete the medical certificate on the back?
- What happens if I'm injured and have to be evacuated back to Australia?
- What kind of documentation is required to asess my travel insurance claim?
- Will my travel insurance claim be processed fairly?
- Do I have to pay an excess if a claim is payable under my travel insurance policy?
- When will my travel insurance policy commence?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR 327609 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before making any decisions about the product. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details.