Why do I need travel insurance?
All sorts of things can go wrong when you travel. Although most holidays go smoothly, if something does happen, like your luggage gets stolen or your flights get cancelled, you could face major expenses well outside your budget. And if you fall ill overseas it could be extremely stressful and expensive trying to get medical attention.
Our travel insurance provides cover for the costs of many unexpected events, so you can enjoy your trip with increased peace of mind. If you need emergency assistance, anywhere in the world at any time, we’ll help you locate medical facilities, embassies and consulates; get in touch with your family; or organise an evacuation home subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
There are different levels of travel insurance available, so whether you want low-cost cover for the bare essentials or comprehensive coverage against many scenarios, we have a range of plans to choose from.
If you’re heading to the snow or off on a cruise, you can easily get the extra cover you might need for setbacks like bad weather or cabin confinement, by purchasing an additional Snow Pack or Cruise Pack for a small extra premium.
Even if you have a medical condition that means we are unable to offer you cover for medical or hospital expenses, you may still be able to take out a Non-Medical Plan to provide you with cover for eventualities like trip cancellation or lost luggage.
- Why do I need travel insurance?
- If I return home earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my travel insurance?
- Does your travel insurance cover my luggage?
- Can I get travel insurance if I have a pre-existing condition?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- What do I do if I have an emergency while I'm travelling?
- I've downloaded a travel insurance claim form - do I have to complete the medical certificate on the back?
- What happens if I'm injured and have to be evacuated back to Australia?
- What kind of documentation is required to asess my travel insurance claim?
- Will my travel insurance claim be processed fairly?
- Do I have to pay an excess if a claim is payable under my travel insurance policy?
- When will my travel insurance policy commence?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR 327609 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before making any decisions about the product. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details.