How can I get my car repaired?
When your claim is processed someone will be appointed to assess the damage and make the necessary repairs. We like to make things as quick and easy as possible for our customers, so your insurer will manage the entire process for you.
They'll find a reliable repairer near to you, make all the arrangements and pay them direct for their work, so all you'll have to do is pay them the excess. You'll also give a lifetime guarantee of the quality of the repairs, for as long as you own the vehicle.
One-stop claims assessment centres
If you live in the Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney region you can speed the claim and repair process by taking your car to one of our one-stop claims assessment centres, where you'll get a complete appraisal of the damage on the spot. Please note that appointments are essential at all of the assessment centres. To make an appointment please ensure you have lodged your claim, which you can do by calling 1300 467 872.
1/60 Keilor Park Drive
Keilor East VIC 3033
2/3 Dunlop Road
Mulgrave VIC 3170
132 Princes Highway
Arncliffe NSW 2205
18 Prime Drive
Seven Hills NSW 2147
What happens if my car has to be written off?
If you have Comprehensive or Gold Comprehensive car insurance and your car is so badly damaged that it can't be repaired, the insurer may decide to write it off. This means that they will pay you either the insured amount or the market value of the car, depending on your policy, which you can use to buy another car.
Depending on which policy you have purchased if you bought your car brand new and it has to be written off within the first 12 or 24 months of your policy, you may qualify for a replacement car of the same make, model and specification. If this is the case we'll even pay the first 12 months rego and CTP. Check your PDS and policy documents for details and conditions.
- How can I purchase a car insurance policy?
- Is it safe to purchase car insurance online?
- What if I have to make a car insurance claim?
- How can I save money on my car insurance?
- How long does it take to get car insurance?
- How can I pay for my car insurance online?
- What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
- When will my policy start if I buy my car insurance online?
- How can I can adjust my level of car insurance cover and premium?
- What benefits should I seek out when choosing a car insurance policy?
- Why are my car insurance premiums different to my friends'?
- What is the difference between a vehicle's agreed and market value?
- What is the difference between comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party property car insurance?
- What personal effects will be covered by my car insurance?
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim on my car insurance?
- What is a no claim discount (NCD) and how does it affect my car insurance premiums?
- What is the difference between a No Claim discount (NCD), No Claim bonus (NCB) and Rating 1?
- What happens if I don't provide full information about my driving record, past accidents or claims when applying for my car insurance?
- I am having trouble buying my car insurance online, what should I do?
- Who is the underwriter for 1300 Insurance's car insurance?
- Will I lose my no claim discount if I have a car accident?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.