Home Insurance FAQs
Home Insurance FAQs
There are three ways to apply for home and contents insurance through 1300 Insurance. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you could buy your home and contents insurance policy in the following ways:
- Get a quote and then buy securely online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Complete a quote online then simply call 1300 467 872 to complete the purchase of your policy. Make sure you have the quote reference number handy when you call.
- Call a friendly, helpful consultant on 1300 467 872 to get a quote and buy your insurance over the phone.
The call centre is open Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 9.00pm (EST) and Saturday 8.00am to 5.00pm (EST).
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may be able to get your home and contents insurance in place within minutes with a short online session or one quick phone call.
Simply call the claims line on 1300 467 872 and a friendly, professional consultant will guide you through the quick, easy claims process. Alternatively, you can submit an online claim form – find out more here.
Most home and contents insurance claims can be processed over the phone. In some more complicated cases your insurer may have to arrange for an assessor to visit your house to inspect the damage, and help you to coordinate repairs and replacements if your claim is accepted. Either way, your claim will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Buying home and contents covers in a single policy is easy - and with a discount of up to 10% for buying these covers together1,2, you could save on your premium.
Some great benefits of Allianz home and contents insurance include:
- A choice of optional extras, so you can tailor the policy to your needs
- A variable excess feature (allowing you to increase your excess to save money on your premiums1,3)
- The option to pay your premiums monthly, at no extra cost (premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding (upward or downward) and financial institution transaction fees may apply)
- A quick and simple paperless application process
Home and contents insurance premiums are calculated on the basis of the risk you present to the insurer.
Risk is affected by a number of factors, such as:
- the location of your home
- the value of your home and possessions
- the material your home is constructed from
- the security devices you have installed to protect your home
- how your home is occupied
- the frequency of claims made by you or by previous owners of your home
Your premium will also depend on the amount you wish to insure, the level of cover you choose and any optional extras you add to your policy.
Before you buy home and/or contents insurance, you have a duty of disclosure to tell the insurer anything you know and that a reasonable person in the circumstances would include in their answer to any questions the insurer asks that are relevant to their decision to insure you and on what terms. This duty applies until the insurer agrees to insure you. If you don’t comply, the insurer may cancel your contract, reduce the amount payable for a claim, or both. If your failure is fraudulent, the insurer can refuse a claim and treat the contract as if it never existed.
The home and contents insurance products we offer are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL No 234708 (Allianz).
Allianz is an Australian Insurer authorised to conduct insurance business in Australia by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA).
Allianz is a member of the Insurance Council of Australia and subscribes to the General Insurance Code of Practice.