Emergency Pet Resources
It's not always easy to know what to do in an emergency with your pet, especially if you are a new pet owner. We've compiled a few simple resources to help pet owners out in case of an emergency.
24 Hour Vets and Animal Hospitals
To help you get the care your pet needs in an emergency, we've compiled a directory of 24 hour Emergency Animal Hospitals around Australia.
This isn't an exhaustive list on what your dog or cat cannot eat, but it's a helpful resource to guide you in the right direction.
We've compiled a simple list of first aid tips for animals to help you in case something happens to your pet.
The best way to protect your pet from snakes is to discourage them from coming too near your house. Always walk your dog on a leash in bush areas or places prone to snakes.
You can often tell from the body-language of the dogs if they are being playful – angry dogs tend to be rigid and jerky, often with their hackles raised.
If you suspect your dog or cat has overheated, immediately move them to a cool place and try to bring down their temperature. If possible place them in front of a fan and cover them with wet cloths.
- How long do I have to submit a claim after my pet had treatment?
- Can I visit any Vet?
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
- Can I cancel my pet’s policy?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance’s Pet Protect is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436 (Hollard), is promoted and distributed by Hollard’s Authorised Representative (AR) 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 83 126 093 696, AR 327609 and is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183. Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure this product meets your needs before purchasing. PDS and Target Market Determination available at 1300insurance.com.au.