How do you calculate my premium?
Your premium is calculated using a combination of factors about you and your pet. These factors can affect the premium amount up or down depending upon whether we believe it increases or decreases the risk to us, such as the cover you have chosen, the benefit percentage applicable to the cover you have chosen, the species, breed and age of your pet and other factors related to our cost of doing business.
Factors that are taken into consideration for renewal premium calculation your pet’s age and breed, as well as data relating to the health of Pets that are a similar age and breed. Each year we review premiums based on these factors to ensure we can accommodate the costs of possible treatment up to your annual benefit limit, in the event that your pet becomes injured or ill.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.