Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?

Whilst cats are definitely safer if they live indoors, confining your cat indoors is no guarantee that they won't suffer from an accident or illness. House cats can be as accident-prone as the free-ranging kind, while many illnesses are hereditary or simply come on with age.

Our Accidental Injury cover protects your cat if it is injured as a result of any household injury such as a fall or a burn. And if your cat does manage to get outside it will also be covered for car accidents too.

Our Accidental Injury & Illness Cover has all the policy features of our accident-only cover but also protects your cat if they suffer from an illness that can't be vaccinated against, such as cancer.

1300 Insurance's Pet Protect offered by 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 124 845 727; AR No 327609) underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (AFSL 241436), and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (AFSL 420183). The information on our website, our brochures and other documentation is of a general nature only and does not take into account your personal financial situation, needs or objectives. Therefore before you decide to buy this product it is important that you read the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide to make sure the product is appropriate for your needs. The Target Market Determination document can be found here.