Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
Yes, we can insure your pet for Accidental Injury as long as your pet was at least 8 weeks of age at the commencement of your policy. For Accidental Injury & Illness cover, the pet must be less than 9 years of age to qualify and there must be no break, lapse or change in the level of Cover after reaching the age of 9.
Accidental Injury & Illness covers up to 75% of your dog or cat's vet bills up, to an Annual Benefit Limit of up to $15,000 based on the type of plan and nil excess. Accidental Injury cover gives you an Annual Benefit Limit of up to $10,000 towards the costs of treatment if your pet is accidently injured.
Once insured, we will continue to offer to insure your pet for the rest of its life as long as cover is renewed each year.
We will not pay any vet expenses attributable or resulting from a pre-existing condition. Please check the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
- How long do I have to submit a claim after my pet had treatment?
- Can I visit any Vet?
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
- Can I cancel my pet’s policy?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance’s Pet Protect is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436 (Hollard), is promoted and distributed by Hollard’s Authorised Representative (AR) 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 83 126 093 696, AR 327609 and is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183. Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure this product meets your needs before purchasing. PDS and Target Market Determination available at 1300insurance.com.au.