Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
Yes, we can insure your pet for Accidental Injury as long as your pet was at least 8 weeks of age at the commencement of your policy. For Accidental Injury & Illness cover, the pet must be less than 9 years of age to qualify and there must be no break, lapse or change in the level of Cover after reaching the age of 9.
Accidental Injury & Illness covers up to 75% of your dog or cat's vet bills up, to an Annual Benefit Limit of up to $15,000 based on the type of plan and nil excess. Accidental Injury cover gives you an Annual Benefit Limit of up to $10,000 towards the costs of treatment if your pet is accidently injured.
Once insured, we will continue to offer to insure your pet for the rest of its life as long as cover is renewed each year.
We will not pay any vet expenses attributable or resulting from a pre-existing condition. Please check the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.