Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
In the event of your pet having a pre-existing Condition, your policy will not cover treatment for that Condition or any related Condition occurring in any form, anywhere in or on your pet's body. That means that if your pet has displayed symptoms of a condition before you take out insurance, or during the initial waiting period, then your cover will be for treatments that don't relate to the pre-existing condition.
After 18 months, if your pet has been free of clinical signs, symptoms or recurrence of the Pre-existing Condition (or any Condition(s) arising directly therefrom), you may apply to us to review a Pre-existing Condition exclusion. You'll need to get your vet to fill out a waiver form to send with your application.
Even if your pet has a pre-existing medical condition, our pet insurance cover will cover them for accidents and other illnesses. Once insured, we will continue to offer to insure your dog for the rest of its life as long as cover is renewed each year and there has been no change in the level of Cover after reaching the age of 9.
To view the complete list of illnesses and treatments covered by our pet insurance policies, as well as any exclusions that might apply, you must download and read the Product Disclosure Statement before you take out any pet insurance.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.