Pet Insurance — Make a Claim
Claims for Comprehensive or Accidental Injury Protect may be submitted either online or via postal mail. All claims should be submitted and received within ninety (90) days of the vet treatment being provided.
For online claims:
- Go to the pet insurance account portal here.
- If you are a new member you will need to create an account.
- Simply upload a copy of both the itemised invoice and the consultation notes from your vet visit.
- If this is your first claim we require your pet’s full medical history from all previous vets from the time you first owned your pet.
- If your pet was adopted at an older age please supply adoption paperwork and medical records since adoption.
For postal claims:
If you would prefer to send us your claim through the post, please ensure you have the completed the following additional steps:
- Download and print a Veterinary Fee Claim Form and fill in your details.
- Take it with you to the vet and ask them to fill out Section 2. Both you and your vet will need to sign the form.
- Attach the original itemised invoices, payment receipts and consultation notes and post them in to:
1300 Insurance Pet Protect
Locked Bag 9021
Our friendly, helpful claims team is available between 8:30am and 5pm Monday – Friday (EST). If you have any questions about a claim, simply call us on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872).
My pet is a rescue animal so I don't have a full veterinary history. What do I do?
If you have adopted your dog or cat from a shelter we understand that you won't have a full medical history. If this is the case, when you first make a claim please provide the adoption documentation from the shelter, plus any vet records provided with your pet. Please also provide any records for vet checks or treatment your pet has had since you adopted them.
I am having my pet de-sexed. Can I make a claim for that?
De-sexing a dog or cat is one of the most common vet procedures in Australia. As de-sexing is optional for pet owners it is not usually covered by pet insurance.
However, if you have taken out our best insurance plan, comprehensive cover with the extra Routine Care option, an annual benefit of $70 will be available for any ONE of the following services: de-sexing your pet, microchipping, heartworm preventative medication, teeth cleaning, council registration fees, alternative therapies, prescription diets, de-clawing or cremation / burial.
My pet has died. Can I make a life insurance claim for it?
We are very sorry, but our pet insurance is designed to protect pet owners against the financial strain of unexpected vet bills. Unfortunately it does not include a life insurance element.If your pet is insured under Comprehensive Protect plus Routine Care option, an annual benefit of $70 will be available towards the cremation or burial of your pet.
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- How do I choose the right pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do I need pet insurance for an indoor cat?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- What is the process to make a claim?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.