Farm Pack Insurance
As the owner of a farming business, you face a unique set of challenges and risks. Many farms are both a family home and business premises, which can make obtaining insurance cover a complicated process.
The Farm Pack is a flexible insurance package that offers a wide range of covers to protect you in a single package.
1300 Insurance can arrange Farm Pack insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. Of course, every farm business and property is different, so with Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance you can pick and choose from 13 types of insurance cover, to suit your specific needs.
Farm Pack in brief*
The Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance is a flexible product specifically designed for farm businesses. It enables you to pick and choose from a range of 13 types of cover, so you can protect your farmhouse home, machinery, motor vehicles and livestock, in one handy package.
Public and products liability insurance should be considered as the potential costs of a public liability claim could be significant. The Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance can provide cover for your legal liability for personal injury, property damage and /or advertising injury which arises a result of an occurrence in connection with your business, up to the specified limit.
You may also be able to obtain cover for your home buildings and/or contents in your Farm Pack. Home property cover also comes with a suite of other benefits. For example, if you take out contents cover you will also have cover for fraudulent use or lost or stolen credit cards and cover for property of your guests or visitors, up to the specified limit.
The Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance can provide cover for farm buildings, contents, infrastructure and improvements, livestock, machinery, hay, grain, wool, solar panels, wind turbines, greenhouses, trellis equipment, fencing, and trees and vines against either loss or damage caused by defined events such as earthquake, fire and storms, or if selected, accidental damage. You may also be able take out cover to protect your livestock in transit, where you are moving your livestock between situations as part of your standard grazing management strategies.
When you buy a Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you opt for annual or monthly instalments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.1
*Eligibility criteria apply. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant PDS.
With the Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance, you can get a broad range of business insurance covers to insure your farm business against fundamental risks such as public and products liability – as well as more specialised cover for your farm assets – all in single package. Pick and choose from 13 types of cover to customise your policy to suit your specific needs
Every farm business is different, and your hard-earned profits are extremely precious.
The Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance allows you to tailor your policy to meet your needs, so you can choose the covers you need to insure you in a single package – saving you the time and hassle of dealing with multiple insurance providers.
Here is a summary of the cover options available under our Farm Pack. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement. Eligibility criteria apply.
Home property can provide cover for your buildings, contents and/or personal items that you take with you away from home. With buildings and contents covers, you can choose between accidental damage cover or cover for a specified list of ‘defined events’. Details of these defined events and the standard terms, limits and exclusions of each type of cover can be found in the PDS.
Home Property cover comes with a suite of built-in benefits, including:
- A death benefit of up to $15,000 (for defined events cover) or $20,000 (for accidental damage cover) if you suffer paraplegia, quadriplegia or die as a direct result of visible bodily injury incurred at the premises caused by burglars or by fire.
- Cover for contents in the open air at the premises, such as garden furniture as per limits in the PDS (benefit available only with contents cover)
- Cover for the fraudulent use of your lost or stolen credit cards, up to $5,000 for defined events cover or $7,500 for accidental damage cover (benefit available only with contents cover)
- Fusion cover to replace or repair household electrical motors (up to 12 years old) damaged by electrical current.
- Up to $5,000 cover for personal possessions belonging to your guests or visitors (benefit available only with contents cover)
- Up to $10,000 cover for landscaping, including replacement of fixed trees, plants and shrubs which have been accidentally lost or damaged, limited to $500 for any one tree, plant or shrub (benefit only available with buildings cover)
- Cover for reasonable costs of architects, surveyors, engineers and legal fees that arise from reinstating your property when loss or damage occurs (benefit available only with buildings cover)
- Cover for the cost of replacing locks if your keys are lost or stolen up to a maximum of $3,000
- Up to $1000 cover for spoilage of perishable food due to the breakdown of your fridge or freezer or the accidental failure of the public electricity supply to the building (benefit available only with contents cover)
If you have contents cover you may also take out personal effects cover for the personal items that you take with you away from home. Personal effects cover provides protection for accidental loss or damage to either specified or unspecified personal effects within Australia and New Zealand, and for up to 90 days anywhere else in the world. It can cover a wide range of personal items including bags and suitcases, jewellery, musical instruments, sporting equipment and photographic equipment.
If you take out home property cover in the ACT, WA or TAS, you may also be able to apply for cover for Domestic Workers’ Compensation. It can provide cover for the amount you are liable to pay under the relevant state / territory workers’ compensation legislation if your domestic worker is injured while working for you.
Farm property can protect your farm buildings, contents, infrastructure, machinery, hay, grain, livestock, wool, solar panels, wind turbines, greenhouses, trellis equipment, fencing, trees and vines.
For some types of property, you can choose to take out defined events cover or accidental damage cover. For others, only defined events cover is available.
Farm property cover also comes with built-in benefits including, among others:
- Cover for loss or damage to insured farm buildings during alteration or construction, where the value of the work does not exceed the lesser of 10% of the farm building sum insured or $75,000
- Up to $5,000 cover for your employees’ clothing and tools of trade kept at the insured address if lost or damaged in an insured event
- Cover for reasonable and necessary cost of architects, engineers, consulting engineers, surveyors and legal fees which relate to the repair, replacement or reinstatement of your farm building
- Up to $10,000 towards the reasonable and necessary costs incurred in extinguishing a fire at the insured farm property
- Cover for the demolition, storage and removal of debris if your farm property has been destroyed or damaged, up to 10% of the sum insured of the damaged farm property
- Cover for loss or damage to your shelter belts caused by fire, up to $4,000 in total, and up to $200 or any one tree, plant or shrub
- Up to $550 towards the cost of rewinding or replacing motors damaged by electrical fusion
- Cover for loss, damage or injury to your livestock as a result of theft, up to the market value of the animal at the time of loss, but not exceeding $1,000 for any one animal, $5,000 per event and $10,000 during any one period of insurance
You can also choose to take out optional covers, for an additional premium, for the following:
- Cover for the additional costs you incur to maintain (but not expand) your farming business at a similar level to that which would have applied if the loss or damage hadn’t occurred
- Cover for the market value of livestock that has to be slaughtered on humane grounds due to drought (subject to insurers’ consent)
- Cover for the value of milk stored in a vat at the premises against accidental or malicious contamination due to materials or fluids used to clean the dairy or introduction of foreign matter (other than bacteria) into the milk
- Fire cover for your vines and trees against being destroyed as a direct result of fire
Public and products liability provides cover for amounts that you are legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising injury as a result of your farming business up to the specified limit.
With motor vehicles cover you can choose between comprehensive, fire and theft, or third-party property damage only cover for your personal and farm business vehicles, provided your vehicles meet the relevant underwriting criteria.
Personal accident and sickness provides compensation for the happening of a defined event to an insured person. It provides either a lump sum or a weekly benefit in the event that the insured person dies as a result of an accident, suffers a specified injury by accident or suffers temporary total permanent disablement by sickness.
Land transit covers the loss of or damage to your farm goods and/or livestock while in a conveying vehicle on land caused by one or more defined events such as fire or theft from a locked vehicle, up to the specified limits.
Pleasure craft cover protects you against accidental damage to your boat, as well as legal liability for death or injury to others or damage to their property as a result of the use and/or ownership of your pleasure craft. It includes built-in benefits such as cover for reasonable salvage charges, up to $1,500 for personal effects and clothing on board your boat (limited to $200 for any one item) and $10,000 death benefit if you die as a result of an accident involving your boat when it is afloat.
For an additional premium, you can add cover for loss or damage to sails, masts and spars while racing or trialling, and for your legal liability to and of water skiers.
Machinery breakdown covers loss or damage to your machinery caused by breakdown. Built-in benefits include cover for the cost of hiring temporary replacement equipment, up to the lesser of 10% of the sum insured for machinery breakdown or $10,000.
Computer / electronic equipment breakdown covers the insured computers and/or equipment for loss or damage caused by breakdown.
Theft covers the insured farm buildings, infrastructure and improvements, machinery, fencing, hay, grain, wool and money, valuable documents and business records against theft or attempted theft.
Miscellaneous cover can protect you for loss or damage to your working dogs if they are stolen, die as a result of an accident or sickness, or have to be destroyed or put down on the advice of a vet. Miscellaneous cover can also protect you against the accidental loss or damage of semen, harvested embryos and the container in which they are stored.
Tax audit covers you for reasonable professional fees incurred within Australia in connection with a tax audit or investigation of your farming business, financial or tax affairs.
General property covers you for accidental damage to your insured property (as listed in your policy schedule) caused by any sudden, unexpected or unforeseen occurrence.
You can pick and choose from these 13 types of cover to tailor your policy to your needs. However, home property, motor vehicles (private use), and personal accident and sickness covers can only be taken out if you also take out at least one other type of cover under your Farm Pack policy.
How to apply for cover
Applying for cover under the Farm Pack through 1300 Insurance couldn’t be easier. Simply call 1300 467 872 and speak to a friendly service consultant.
Need to claim?
If something does happen to your farming business, you need an insurance company who will act fast to help you get up and running again as quickly as possible. We can arrange Farm Pack insurance as agent for one of Australia’s leading general insurers, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Click here for information on how to claim.
Farm Pack insurance may transfer many of the risks you face as a farm business owner from you to the insurer. However, it is important to understand that farm insurance does not cover every circumstance or expense that you incur and there are some exclusions to the cover. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR Number 327609 is authorised to arrange Farm Pack insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No. 234708 (Allianz) and to provide written general advice on this insurance as the insurer’s agent. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the Product Disclosure Statement available here.
If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. We will also receive a percentage of the profit which exceeds the profit threshold on Home (excluding flood), Landlord (excluding flood), Motor, Caravan and Trailer and Commercial policies arranged by us as agent of Allianz (or renewed with Allianz) in each calendar year, provided that the relevant premium threshold is met. From 1 September 2018, we will also receive an annual marketing allowance from Allianz for promoting its products. This is calculated as a percentage of the premium on Home, Landlord, Motor, Caravan and Trailer and Commercial policies arranged by us as agent of Allianz in the previous 12-month period. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
1 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Farm Pack Insurance
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. Public liability cover, for example, may be a basic requirement of your operating licence. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
You’ve worked hard to build up your business and without protection you could lose everything you’ve achieved to a single event, like a storm or fire.
Business insurance can cover you for many types of risk, from theft and damage to your insured property to loss of income due to business interruption or liability claims.
Your business is unique, and so are the opportunities and risks you face. Your insurance needs may depend on a wide range of factors, including
- The nature of the work you do
- The type, value and location of your assets
- Whether you manufacture products or carry high volumes of stock
- Whether you provide advice which may be relied upon by your customers
- Whether you work in public spaces or on customers' premises
- The legal and management structure of your company
- Whether you have employees, and the size of your team
- The physical, financial or reputational risks which threaten your company
Common types of business insurance include:
- Glass cover
- Public and products liability
- Asset or property insurance
Both these essential insurances are options within our Small Business Advantage insurance, available online.
Other business insurances include management liability insurance, which can also be incorporated into your Small Business Advantage policy.
There are also specialised insurances available to mitigate more specific threats, such as transit insurance, machinery breakdown and electronic equipment. If you’re looking for more specialised policy, simply contact our friendly team on 1300 467 872 for information.
You could have immediate cover for all your major risks, without waiting for quotes from brokers. Our Small Business Advantage insurance package gives you the option to take out comprehensive protection against loss or damage to your property, interruption to your business and public and products liability claims plus a wide range of other threats.
If you need more specialised business insurance cover, 1300 Insurance may still be able to assist. Our advisors have extensive risk management expertise and detailed knowledge of all the diverse business insurance products available in the market.
We'll also guide you through the underwriting process and support you throughout the lifetime of your insurance policy with a dedicated account manager, claims support and ongoing information.
Our small business insurance package is brought to you in partnership with Allianz Australia Insurance. It enables you to tailor your business cover to suit your needs, all in a single, affordable policy. It’s designed to suit more than 2,000 professions and offers insurance against many of the risks faced by most businesses, including theft, damage or business interruption due to events such as fire, flood, storm damage etc, and public and products liability insurance.
We also offer packages designed for office-based professionals and for tradespeople and service providers.
The cost of your small business insurance policy is your monthly premium. The amount you pay may depend a number of factors, including
- The type of work your business does
- How many employees you have
- Where your business is located
- How much stock you carry, if any
- The nature and value of your business property
- The size of your business and your annual profits
- Which types of cover you choose to take out.
All these things can determine the type of risks you face and the likelihood you will need to make a claim and forms part of the information used to calculate your premium.
You can find out what your premium amount will be by clicking on the "Get a Quote" button below.
Our small business online insurance has a 14-day cooling off period. So if you have second thoughts after buying your cover you can cancel it within two weeks and get a full refund, provided that you have not made a claim.
As long as you pay your premiums when they are due, your small business online insurance policy will remain in place for the period shown on your policy document.
If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
You can cancel your policy at any time. The cancellation will be effective on the date we receive your request and an administration fee will apply.
If you decide to cancel your policy, we will refund the proportion of your premium relating to the unused period of insurance, less the administration fee and any non-refundable government charges. However, we will not refund any premium if you have made a claim.
When you buy your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance in partnership with Allianz, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you Opt to pay the full Annual amount or by monthly installments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
It’s really important that you keep up to date with your premium payments. If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
Generally, you can claim a tax deduction for the premiums your business pays on most types of business insurance. However, this is not always the case for all types of insurance, so it’s important that you contact your tax advisor for advice on the individual circumstances of your business.
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.