Small Business Insurance
Want an instant discount off your insurance quote?
For a limited time only we are offering our best possible online discount
You’ve worked hard to build your business and you want to protect it – without squandering your hard-won profits on insurance premiums. As a small business owner, it’s important to take out business insurance to cover the major risks faced by your business.
We know that every business is different, so we’ve partnered with one of Australia’s leading general insurance providers, Allianz, to bring you small business insurance. Allianz’s Small Business Advantage Pack is designed to suit a wide range of SMEs, business professionals and tradespeople in more than 2,000 occupations.
Pick and choose the cover you need in a single insurance package – it’s the simple way to protect your business.
Small Business Advantage Pack in brief*
With Allianz’s Small Business Advantage Pack, you can choose from a wide range of cover options to meet your needs – all in a single package. Small Business Advantage Pack can provide cover for over 2,000 different business occupations and for a variety of business models.
Liability insurance is one of the most common covers taken out by businesses, because the potential costs of a product or public liability claim could be significant. Allianz’s Small Business Advantage Pack provides up to $20 million protection against your legal liability for personal injury, property damage or advertising liability as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business.
You can apply online for most covers under the Small Business Advantage Pack like Theft, Material Damage, Business Interruption and Public and Products Liability, and get a quote within minutes.
As well as providing cover for the basic risks, you can also customise your policy to protect yourself against the impact of machinery or electronic equipment breakdown, or damage to your stock or goods while in transit. You can even add cover for management liability and protection against theft by employees. Some of these options aren’t available online as you’ll need to provide additional details before a quote can be given.
When you buy small business insurance through 1300 Insurance, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you opt for annual or monthly instalments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.2 And if you buy online you can save up to 10% on the cost of your policy. 1
*For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
With Allianz’s Small Business Advantage Pack, you can get business insurance covers in a single insurance package. And with a choice of a wide range of cover options, you can customise your policy to suit your specific needs.
It’s easy to organise your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance. You can apply for most covers under the Small Business Advantage Pack online.
When it comes to business insurance, there’s no such thing as one-size- fits-all. Of course, there are some risks that are faced by many business owners – such as public liability. But the rest of your insurance needs will depend on a huge range of factors including your business model, your location, the number of employees you have and whether you sell goods or provide services.
Allianz’s Small Business Advantage Pack allows you to tailor your policy to meet your needs – simply pick and choose the cover options you want.
Here is a summary of the cover options available under the Small Business Advantage Pack. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Material damage – Protect your property against accidental damage at your business premises. You can add optional cover for flood.
- Theft – Insure your property against theft or attempted theft at your business premises.
- Money – Get cover for loss of money from the premises either during or outside business hours, in transit, in your locked safe or locked strongroom, or in your personal custody while in a private residence.
- Glass – Protect your business against the accidental breakage of glass or frames, or the breakage of illuminated/advertising signs.
- Personal Accident and Sickness – Get cover in the event that an insured person suffers a specified injury caused by accident or a defined event caused by sickness, thereby reducing the impact on your business.
- Public and Products Liability – Get up to $20 million cover for amounts that you are legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising liability caused as a result of your business activities.
- Business Interruption – Get protection for losses resulting from the interruption of or interference with your business following a defined event.
- General Property – Covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing property that is accidentally damaged anywhere in the world.
- Machinery Breakdown – Cover against breakdown of machinery at your business premises. Built-in benefits include cover for the cost of hiring temporary machinery.
- Electronic Equipment – Protect your business against breakdown of your electronic equipment at your business premises.
- Commercial Motor – Get comprehensive, fire and theft, or third party property damage only cover for your business vehicles.
- Directors & Officers Liability – Protect your directors and officers for personal liability for a breach of duty, breach of trust, act, error or omission.
- Employment Practices Liability – Covers you for a claim made against you for a specific employment practices breach, such as discrimination, wrongful dismissal or sexual harassment.
- Crime – Covers you for the loss of property that has been unlawfully taken by an employee, with the intent to cause loss to you or benefit any person other than you.
- Tax Audit – Get cover for professional fees that you reasonably and necessarily incur in Australia in connection with an audit of the business carried out by an Australia statutory authority.
- Transit – Insure against damage to your stock or goods while in transit, following events such as a fire or accident.
If you are an office professional, you may be able to buy your small business insurance in a handy Office Pack, with a choice of options designed for office-based businesses, including professional indemnity insurance.
For trades and service professionals with a turnover of less than $1 million and no more than five employees, you may be able to take out cover under the Trades and Services Pack to cover your tools, vehicles and public liability risks.
How to apply for cover
Applying for cover under the Allianz Small Business Advantage Pack couldn’t be easier. Simply click here to get a quote and apply for cover.
You may need to speak to a friendly service consultant if your business needs are more complex.
Need to claim?
If something does happen to your business, you need an insurance company who will act fast to help you get up and running again as quickly as possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with one of Australia’s leading general insurers for business insurance.
Click here for information on how to claim.
Business insurance transfers many of the risks you face as a business owner from you to the insurer. However, it is important to understand that business insurance does not cover every circumstance or expense that you incur and there are some exclusions to the cover. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
1 Any online discounts offered are applied to our standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). Other discounts may apply to insurance purchased via our Contact Centre. Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts / entitlements.
2 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Small Business Insurance
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. Public liability cover, for example, may be a basic requirement of your operating licence. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
Even if you aren’t required to take out business insurance, it’s prudent to do so. You’ve worked hard to build up your business and without protection you could lose everything you’ve achieved to a single event, like a storm or fire.
Business insurance can cover you for many types of risk, from theft and damage to lost income or liability claims.
Your business is unique, and so are the opportunities and risks you face. Your insurance needs may depend on a wide range of factors, including
- The nature of the work you do
- The type, value and location of your assets
- Whether you manufacture products or carry high volumes of stock
- Whether you provide advice which may be relied upon by your customers
- Whether you work in public spaces or on customers' premises
- The legal and management structure of your company
- Whether you have employees, and the size of your team
- The physical, financial or reputational risks which threaten your company
The most popular types of business insurance include:
- Public or product liability
- Asset or property insurance
Both these essential insurances are options within our Small Business Advantage insurance, available online.
Other common business insurances include professional indemnity and management liability insurance, which can also be incorporated into your Small Business Advantage policy.
There are also specialised insurances available to mitigate more specific threats, such as transit insurance, machinery breakdown and electronic equipment. If you’re looking for more specialised policy, simply contact our friendly team on 1300 467 872 for information.
You could have immediate cover for all your major risks, without waiting for quotes from brokers. Our Small Business Advantage insurance package gives you the option to take out comprehensive protection against loss or damage to your property, interruption to your business and public or product liability claims plus a wide range of other threats.
If you need more specialised business insurance cover, 1300 Insurance is still the smart choice. We work with every major provider of business insurance in Australia and have close relationships throughout the global insurance marketplace. Our advisors have extensive risk management expertise and detailed knowledge of all the diverse business insurance products available in the market.
We'll also guide you through the underwriting process and support you throughout the lifetime of your insurance policy with a dedicated account manager, claims support and ongoing information.
Our small business insurance package is brought to you in partnership with leading Australian insurance provider Allianz. It enables you to tailor your business cover to suit your needs, all in a single, affordable policy. It’s designed to suit more than 2,000 professions and offer protection against all the major risks faced by most businesses, including theft, damage or business interruption due to natural disasters, and public or product liability insurance.
We also offer packages designed for office-based professionals and for tradespeople and service providers.
The cost of your small business insurance policy is your monthly premium. The amount you pay may depend a number of factors, including
- The type of work your business does
- How many employees you have
- Where your business is located
- How much stock you carry, if any
- The nature and value of your business property
- The size of your business and your annual profits
- Which types of cover you choose to take out.
All these things can determine the type of risks you face and the likelihood you will need to make a claim, which is the information used to calculate your premium.
You can find out what your premium amount will be by clicking on the "Get a Quote" button below.
Our small business online insurance has a 14-day cooling off period. So if you have second thoughts after buying your cover you can cancel it within two weeks and get a full refund, provided that you have not made a claim.
As long as you pay your premiums when they are due, your small business online insurance policy will remain in place for the period shown on your policy document.
If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
You can cancel your policy at any time. The cancellation will be effective on the date we receive your request and an administration fee will apply.
If you decide to cancel your policy, we will refund the proportion of your premium relating to the unused period of insurance, less the administration fee and any non-refundable government charges. However, we will not refund any premium if you have made a claim.
When you buy your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance in partnership with Allianz, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you opt for annual or monthly instalments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
It’s really important that you keep up to date with your premium payments. If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy. This means you will not be covered for loss, damage or interruption to your business due to theft or natural disasters, or for public or product liability claims or any other type of cover you have taken out.
Generally, you can claim a tax deduction for the premiums your business pays on most types of business insurance. However, this is not always the case for all types of insurance, so it’s important that you contact your tax advisor for advice on the individual circumstances of your business.
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.