Small Business Insurance
You’ve worked hard to build your business and you want to insure it - without squandering your hard-won profits on insurance premiums. As a small business owner, it’s important to take out business insurance to cover risks faced by your business.
1300 Insurance can arrange Small Business insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. We know that every business is different, so the Small Business Advantage Pack has a range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs - SMEs, business professionals and tradespeople in more than 2,000 occupations.
Pick and choose the cover you need in a single insurance package – it’s the simple way to protect your business.
Small Business Advantage Pack in brief*
With the Small Business Advantage Pack through 1300 insurance, you can choose from a wide range of covers to meet your needs – all in a single package. The Small Business Advantage Pack can provide cover for over 2,000 different business occupations and for a variety of business models.
The potential costs of a product or public liability claim could be significant. The Small Business Advantage Pack through 1300 insurance can provide up to $20million cover against your legal liability for personal injury, property damage or advertising liability as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business.
You can apply online for most covers under the Small Business Advantage Pack, such as theft, material damage, business interruption (only Part C of Business Interruption is available online) and public and products liability, and can get a quote within minutes.*
As well as providing cover for the previously mentioned risks, you can also insure yourself against the impact of machinery or electronic equipment breakdown, or damage to your stock or goods while in transit. You can even add cover for management liability and protection against theft by employees. Some of these covers aren’t available online as you’ll need to provide additional details before a quote can be given.
When you buy small business insurance through 1300 Insurance, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you Opt to pay the full Annual amount or by monthly installments, you’ll pay the same total premium to insure your business.2 And if you buy a new policy online, you can save up to 10% on your first years premium.1
*For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is insured. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
With the Small Business Advantage Pack, you can get business insurance covers in a single insurance package. And with a choice of a wide range of covers, you can customise your policy to suit your specific needs.
It’s easy to organise your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance. You can apply for most covers under the Small Business Advantage Pack online.
When it comes to business insurance, there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all. Of course, there are some risks that are faced by many business owners – such as public liability. But the rest of your insurance needs will depend on your own personal situation including your business model, your location, the number of employees you have and whether you sell goods or provide services.
The Small Business Advantage Pack through 1300 insurance has a range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs.
Here is a summary of the covers available under the Small Business Advantage Pack. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.
- Material damage – Insured your property against accidental damage at your business premises (exclusions may apply). Optional flood cover may also be available.
- Theft – Insure your property against theft or attempted theft at your business premises.
- Money – Get cover for loss of money from the premises either during or outside business hours, in transit, in your locked safe or locked strongroom, or in your personal custody while in a private residence until the next business day when it can be deposited.
- Glass – Insured your business against the accidental breakage of glass or frames, or the breakage of illuminated/advertising signs.
- Personal Accident and Sickness – Covers the person or persons named in the policy against injury or injury and sickness.
- Public and Products Liability – Get up to $20 million cover for amounts that you are legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising liability caused as a result of your business activities.
- Business Interruption – Get Insured for losses resulting from the interruption of or interference with your business following a defined event.
- General Property – Covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing property that is accidentally damaged anywhere in the world.
- Machinery Breakdown – Cover against breakdown of machinery at your business premises. Built-in benefits include cover for the cost of hiring temporary machinery. Optional cover for deterioration of stock may also be available.
- Electronic Equipment – Insurance for when your electrical equipment breaks down at your business premises
- Commercial Motor – Get Comprehensive, Fire and Theft, or Third Party Property Damage only cover for your business vehicles.
- Directors & officers liability – Covers you or any of the directors and officers, against a breach of duty, breach of trust, wrongful act, error or omission for a claim that is first made and reported to us during the period of insurance.
- Employment practices liability – Covers you for a claim against you for a specific employment practices breach, such as discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Crime – Covers you for the loss of Property caused by Employee Dishonesty.
- Tax Audit – Get cover for professional fees that you reasonably and necessarily incur in Australia in connection with an audit of the business carried out by an Australia statutory authority.
- Transit – Insure against damage to your stock or goods while in transit, following events such as a fire or accident.
If you are an office professional, you may be able to buy your small business insurance in the handy Office Pack, with a choice of covers for office-based businesses, including professional indemnity insurance.
For trades and service professionals with a turnover of less than $1million and no more than five employees, you may be able to take out cover under the Trades and Services Pack to cover your tools, vehicles and public liability.
How to apply for cover
Applying for cover under the Small Business Advantage Pack through 1300 insurance couldn’t be easier. Simply click here to get a quote and apply for cover.
If your business needs are more complex simply call 1300 467 872 and speak to a friendly service consultant.
Need to claim?
If something does happen to your business, you need an insurance company who will act fast to help you get up and running again as quickly as possible. We arrange Small Business Advantage Pack as agent for one of Australia’s leading general insurers, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Click here for information on how to claim.
Business insurance may transfer many of the risks you face as a business owner from you to the insurer. However, it is important to understand that business insurance does not cover every circumstance or expense that you incur and there are some exclusions to the cover. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR Number 327609 is authorised to arrange this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No. 234708 (Allianz) and to provide written general advice on this insurance as the insurer’s agent.
If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. We will also receive a percentage of the profit which exceeds the profit threshold on Home (excluding flood), Landlord (excluding flood), Motor, Caravan and Trailer and Commercial policies arranged by us as agent for Allianz (or renewed with Allianz) in each calendar year, provided that the relevant premium threshold is met. From 1 September 2018, we will also receive an annual marketing allowance from Allianz for promoting its products. This is calculated as a percentage of the premium on Home, Landlord, Motor, Caravan and Trailer and Commercial policies arranged by us as agent for Allianz in the previous 12-month period. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
1 Any online discounts offered are applied to our standard rates and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). Other discounts may apply to insurance purchased via our Contact Centre. Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts / entitlements.
2 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
Small Business Insurance
For many companies, insurance is a fundamental part of doing business. Public liability cover, for example, may be a basic requirement of your operating licence. In many cases your potential clients, suppliers or investors will want to know that the financial stability of your business is protected. You may need to provide evidence of your insurance arrangements as part of the tender process for contracts, or during negotiations for credit lines or funding.
You’ve worked hard to build up your business and without protection you could lose everything you’ve achieved to a single event, like a storm or fire.
Business insurance can cover you for many types of risk, from theft and damage to your insured property to loss of income due to business interruption or liability claims.
Your business is unique, and so are the opportunities and risks you face. Your insurance needs may depend on a wide range of factors, including
- The nature of the work you do
- The type, value and location of your assets
- Whether you manufacture products or carry high volumes of stock
- Whether you provide advice which may be relied upon by your customers
- Whether you work in public spaces or on customers' premises
- The legal and management structure of your company
- Whether you have employees, and the size of your team
- The physical, financial or reputational risks which threaten your company
Common types of business insurance include:
- Glass cover
- Public and products liability
- Asset or property insurance
Both these essential insurances are options within our Small Business Advantage insurance, available online.
Other business insurances include management liability insurance, which can also be incorporated into your Small Business Advantage policy.
There are also specialised insurances available to mitigate more specific threats, such as transit insurance, machinery breakdown and electronic equipment. If you’re looking for more specialised policy, simply contact our friendly team on 1300 467 872 for information.
You could have immediate cover for all your major risks, without waiting for quotes from brokers. Our Small Business Advantage insurance package gives you the option to take out comprehensive protection against loss or damage to your property, interruption to your business and public and products liability claims plus a wide range of other threats.
If you need more specialised business insurance cover, 1300 Insurance may still be able to assist. Our advisors have extensive risk management expertise and detailed knowledge of all the diverse business insurance products available in the market.
We'll also guide you through the underwriting process and support you throughout the lifetime of your insurance policy with a dedicated account manager, claims support and ongoing information.
Our small business insurance package is brought to you in partnership with Allianz Australia Insurance. It enables you to tailor your business cover to suit your needs, all in a single, affordable policy. It’s designed to suit more than 2,000 professions and offers insurance against many of the risks faced by most businesses, including theft, damage or business interruption due to events such as fire, flood, storm damage etc, and public and products liability insurance.
We also offer packages designed for office-based professionals and for tradespeople and service providers.
The cost of your small business insurance policy is your monthly premium. The amount you pay may depend a number of factors, including
- The type of work your business does
- How many employees you have
- Where your business is located
- How much stock you carry, if any
- The nature and value of your business property
- The size of your business and your annual profits
- Which types of cover you choose to take out.
All these things can determine the type of risks you face and the likelihood you will need to make a claim and forms part of the information used to calculate your premium.
You can find out what your premium amount will be by clicking on the "Get a Quote" button below.
Our small business online insurance has a 14-day cooling off period. So if you have second thoughts after buying your cover you can cancel it within two weeks and get a full refund, provided that you have not made a claim.
As long as you pay your premiums when they are due, your small business online insurance policy will remain in place for the period shown on your policy document.
If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
You can cancel your policy at any time. The cancellation will be effective on the date we receive your request and an administration fee will apply.
If you decide to cancel your policy, we will refund the proportion of your premium relating to the unused period of insurance, less the administration fee and any non-refundable government charges. However, we will not refund any premium if you have made a claim.
When you buy your small business insurance through 1300 Insurance in partnership with Allianz, you can spread the cost of your premiums without paying extra. Whether you Opt to pay the full Annual amount or by monthly installments, you’ll pay the same total premium to protect your business.
Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
It’s really important that you keep up to date with your premium payments. If you do not pay your premiums on time we may be entitled to reduce or refuse to pay a claim and cancel your policy.
Generally, you can claim a tax deduction for the premiums your business pays on most types of business insurance. However, this is not always the case for all types of insurance, so it’s important that you contact your tax advisor for advice on the individual circumstances of your business.
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.