Home Insurance — Make a Claim
If there's been a break-in, or your home has been damaged, you want to get everything back to normal as quickly as possible. That's why we do everything we can to settle claims quickly and without hassle.
I need to make a claim on my home or contents insurance. What do I do?
If you need to make a claim on your home or contents insurance:
Phone on 1300 Insurance (1300 467 872) to lodge your claim.
Our friendly team will guide you through the claims process, explain what supporting documents you need to provide, and give you any assistance you need.
Please have this information with you when you call:
- Your policy number
- Details of the incident (including the date and time it occurred)
You'll also need to provide the following additional information:
- Nature of the incident (theft of items from the home, storm damage to the roof etc.)
- Details of any police or other emergency services that were involved
- Details of any emergency repairs that have been completed
- For contents insurance claims, a list of the items you are claiming
Please have a pen and paper handy, as we may provide you with some important information that you will need to take note of.
Note: Unless you are the policy holder or a named person listed on the policy, we may not be able to discuss the incident with you for privacy and security reasons.
My home has been badly damaged. What help can I get?
If you own your home and have taken out our home insurance policy there are a number of built-in benefits to help you if something really serious happens:
- If your home has been severely damaged by an insured event we'll pay up to an extra 10% benefit towards the costs of removing debris and demolishing any unsafe parts of the building.
- If your home has to be rebuilt we'll cover reasonable architect or engineers fees and building application fees so you can get started as soon as possible.
- If your home is unfit to live in, we'll pay up to an extra 10% benefit to cover the costs of temporary accommodation, so that you and your family (and pets) will have somewhere safe and comfortable to live while you rebuild. For full details and limits please check the Product Disclosure Statement for your home and contents insurance policies.