Home and Contents Insurance: Make a Claim
Your home is the heart of your lifestyle. If there’s been a break-in, or your home has been damaged, you want to get it back to normal as quickly as possible. This page sets out the ways in which you can lodge a home and/or contents insurance claim with your insurer.
I need to make a claim on my home and/or contents insurance. What do I do?
If you purchased your home, contents or home and contents insurance through 1300 Insurance on or after 1st November 2017.
Your home insurance is underwritten by a leading insurance provider, Allianz. A convenient way to lodge a home insurance claim is via Allianz’s online claim form.
Once Allianz receives the completed online claim form, one of their friendly claims consultants will contact you as soon as possible.
- Secure form
- No phone queues
- Immediate confirmation number for your reference
- You can submit your home insurance claim form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
You can also lodge a claim by calling 1300 467 872, and a friendly claims consultant will help you with the claims process.
If you purchased your home, contents or home and contents insurance through 1300 Insurance before 1st November 2017.
If you need to make a claim on your home or contents insurance simply call 1300 467 872 to lodge your claim.
A friendly claims consultant will guide you through the claims process, explain what supporting documents you need to provide, and give you any assistance you need.
Please have this information with you when you call:
- Your policy number
- Details of the incident (including the date and time it occurred)
You’ll also need to provide the following additional information:
- Nature of the incident (theft of items from the home, storm damage to the roof etc.)
- Details of any police or other emergency services that were involved
- Details of any emergency repairs that have been completed
- For contents insurance claims, a list of the items you are claiming
Please have a pen and paper handy, as your insurer may provide you with some important information that you will need to take note of.
Note: Unless you are the policy holder or a named person listed on the policy, your insurer may not be able to discuss the incident with you for privacy and security reasons.