If I return home earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my travel insurance?
No partial refunds are available for early return.
However, our Comprehensive, Multi Trip and Domestic Plans include cover for cancellation fees or lost deposits if you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to an illness or incident. Although we do not provide a refund, if you are forced to return early you may be able to make a claim for money you lose on your pre-paid travel arrangements. Check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your policy document for full details.
Additionally, all our travel insurance policies come with a 14-day money back guarantee, which means that if you change your mind within 2 weeks of buying your policy you can cancel and get a full refund on your premium, provided you haven’t commenced your journey and you haven’t made, and don’t intend to make, a claim.
- Why do I need travel insurance?
- If I return home earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my travel insurance?
- Does your travel insurance cover my luggage?
- Can I get travel insurance if I have a pre-existing condition?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- What do I do if I have an emergency while I'm travelling?
- I've downloaded a travel insurance claim form - do I have to complete the medical certificate on the back?
- What happens if I'm injured and have to be evacuated back to Australia?
- What kind of documentation is required to asess my travel insurance claim?
- Will my travel insurance claim be processed fairly?
- Do I have to pay an excess if a claim is payable under my travel insurance policy?
- When will my travel insurance policy commence?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 50 124 845 727 AR 327609 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before making any decisions about the product. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details.