If you have a complaint
We hope you never have reason to complain but, if you do, we will do our best to work with you to resolve it. Our complaints resolution process has three steps.
Please let us know if you require additional assistance to lodge a complaint.
1. Immediate Response
If you have a complaint, we will take steps to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. We will acknowledge your complaint within one business day of receiving it.
Please contact us using one of the following means:
1800 648 912
Customer Service Complaints
Locked Bag 9021,
Castle Hill, NSW 1765
Please supply your policy number, if applicable, to enable the complaint or enquiry to be dealt with promptly. Your complaint or enquiry will be dealt with by someone with appropriate authority.
2. Internal Dispute Resolution
If we haven’t resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, at your request (refer to contact details provided for ‘1 – Immediate Response’), we will escalate your complaint for review by our Internal Dispute Resolution team. All escalated complaints will be acknowledged within one business days of being escalated.
The Internal Dispute Resolution team will review your matter and any supporting evidence. After full consideration of the complaint a written final response will be provided that will outline the decision reached and the reasons for the decision.
3. External Dispute Resolution
In the event your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, or a final written response has not been provided within 30 days, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), provided your complaint is within the scope of the AFCA Rules.
AFCA is an independent dispute resolution service provided free of charge.
You may contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) at:
- Mail: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
- Phone: 1800 931 678
- Website: www.afca.org.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long do I have to submit a claim after my pet had treatment?
- Can I visit any Vet?
- Can I get pet Insurance for older pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if I don't know how old my pet is?
- Is there Medicare for pets?
- Can I get pet insurance if my pet has a pre-existing condition?
- What is the cheapest pet insurance?
- Is neutering or de-sexing covered by pet insurance?
- Can I get discount pet insurance when I insure more than one pet?
- Do you provide life insurance for pets?
- Can I make changes to my pet insurance once my policy is in place?
- How do you calculate my premium?
- Will my premium increase every year?
- Will my premium increase even if I don’t submit claims?
- Is my premium calculated the same way as my Private Health Insurance?
- What is the process to make a claim?
- Can I cancel my pet’s policy?
Thanks for your question.
We try very hard to respond to every question we get in a timely manner, but if your question is urgent you might want to call us on 1300 467 872.
1300 Insurance’s Pet Protect is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436 (Hollard), is promoted and distributed by Hollard’s Authorised Representative (AR) 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 83 126 093 696, AR 327609 and is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183. Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure this product meets your needs before purchasing. PDS and Target Market Determination available at 1300insurance.com.au.